Infierno Infierno

Love this. There's an awful lot going on here, and it'll take several more listens to really hear everything. The break in the keys at 1:14 is really nice. I'd love to hear this with some live brass. What are the chances you'll get a performance out of this?

T-Logic - Flight of Dreams T-Logic - Flight of Dreams

I really like that popcorn snare. It has a nice punchiness that cuts through the synths effectively. I think the understatement of the percussion works well against the arpeggios. The choir pads feel a little murky in the mix, but they set up a sort of tension that is released once the chip synths come back in. If you decided to pick at this some more, you could potentially make that B section do more, but considering the project timeline, this came out super well. You did a lot of work in 6 hours. nice job.

TaintedLogic responds:

Thanks a lot for the review, SFW! I agree about the murky pads - I probably should've at least toned down the reverb there. Or I should try to avoid using Nexus presets altogether. XD I'm glad you liked the snare, though - personally, I liked how it meshed with the rest of the sound design. :) Thanks again and good luck in NGUAC. ^^

Neverending Nightmare 8 Neverending Nightmare 8

Found your stuff on here randomly at one point. Really nice work! I like how this one is significantly more dissonant than a lot of other tracks I've heard of yours. It makes me think of some sort of 80's film version of Castlevania. Keep it up!

Dharma - A.I. Dharma - A.I.

Love the retro vibe in this. Those swirling synths are the jam! I feel like the drums could be mixed a bit higher. I want this to drive a bit harder. The mix is also a bit right channel heavy. I'd set that main melody synth more towards the center to balance things out. Other than that, great work! I'm going to go jam out to this again.

HagiuKover responds:

Thank you for your feedback, I've added a boosted bass version a friend did, I'll try to master the song a bit more, I'd like to submit it to NewRetroWave youtube channel, wasn't sure it was up to snuff. But, maybe with a little more work it will be.

(COVER) Eliminator (COVER) Eliminator

Really great approach to the source material! Your style always has a sort of mystical flavor and I'm not sure where that comes from. It's great. In general, I think you could EQ the highs up a bit more to make it sparkle. Some of the edges feel a little fuzzy. Other than that, great work!

The Other Voice In My Head The Other Voice In My Head

Great track! It inspires me to attempt similar at some point (though I suspect imminent failure). The bed of voices is great! I could use some more highs in the mix in general. A little bit of sparkle on the upper end will help the bass drum cut and will make those high hats really punctuate those triple to duple hiccups. Maybe mix the handclaps a little higher as well (or use them to trigger sidechain compression so the rest of the track ducks a tiny bit when they hit)? Those end up being sort of like fenceposts that the stretchy taffy of beats you have going on get wrapped around. Thinking of them like landing spots in the track will really make this fucking kick.

All in all, really fucking great. You handle tension and release expertly. Looking forward to hearing more.

larrynachos responds:

Huh, never thought to sidechain the clap. Thanks for the tip! I'd love to hear you try trap haha. Thanks for the review!

Arma 3 Resist EXP - Track 2 Arma 3 Resist EXP - Track 2

Nice work! What brass library are you using? I love those fat squashy low brass stabs

Agitat0r responds:

thanks dude, :). it was 8dio CAGE.

Aviator Aviator

Nice 3rd substitution at the end of the phrase! I definitely wasn't expecting it the first time around.

Noisysundae responds:

And that was how this piece was shortened. (If you mean the thing at 1:06) It's supposed to be two parts, but I'm too lazy. XD

Haunted House Adventure Haunted House Adventure

nice harmonic work! These baroque minor progressions always sound so dramatic! The only critique I'd have is that I wanted it to open up a little bit at 0:49. The piece seemed to set up for a bunch of counterpoint, a B melody, or perhaps some more intense rhythmic work, but the same melody repeated with more subdued sounds felt a touch anticlimactic. In any case, really nice overall work. I'm looking forward to the next release :)

gruber99 responds:

Thanks man, much appreciated!

Iηнυмαη Eяrør Iηнυмαη Eяrør

I really dig the bit distortion in this. Sometimes it can come across as gimmicky, but it totally makes sense in this context and you complemented it with enough "clean" sounds that it didn't become tiresome. I think you accomplished your goal - this feels like the sense of wonder and excitement I could imagine from the first few moments of life. I also like how it just cuts off at the end. I was wondering how you were going to pull the story around in sound and I like that you didn't lay it on too thick. Good work!

larrynachos responds:

I figured everyone was going to make really bad vocoder tracks for Robot Day, so I wanted to go in a more clean direction. Since the song is about a robot with human emotion, I tried to make the song more "human". But, since the robot's feelings are emulated through mechanical and electronic parts, I slightly bitcrushed the arp to reinforce the sense that technically the emotions are artificial.

Thanks for the review! I'm glad you liked it!