The Luny & Milky Show - Ep.15 - "Sing for reality Stars" The Luny & Milky Show - Ep.15 - "Sing for reality Stars"

Cute idea, and expert execution. You did a really good job of parodying these artists, but remaining respectful. Always glad to see more Luny and Milky!

Pirate Dentist! Pirate Dentist!

awesome work! Really imaginative story. The animation was great and well paced. Some of the musical elements could be more definitive. I don't know how much control you have over that part, but the sound got a little muddy during his song. The bass was a bit much, and the song needed some more punchy rhythmic elements (drums, harmonic/melodic stabs, accented articulations) to give the sprechstimme more structure and block out phrases in the piece/highlight the text. Overall great work, though. I look forward to seeing more of your future projects!

Donaji & the Magical Poncho Donaji & the Magical Poncho

really great work! It's always refreshing to see smoothly animated, well edited, non-parody work on NewGrounds. Don't listen to anything people say about knocking off style etc. All of that just leads to writers block. Emulation is a natural part of learning and creation, and when the more you do it, the more individualized each release becomes. I know you'll be working on a webcomic, but please consider working on another animation. I'd love to see more content like this floating around the web.

Shi-Gu responds:

Thanks a lot!
I think it's important to take in the criticism, but of course that doesn't mean I agree 100% with them, I'll take what I find valuable from their points only.
I'm very glad you liked the animation!
Indeed, I'm gonna work on a webcomic, but I'll also try to add animated parts into it, from fully animated videos with music, to animated gifs.
I don't know if I'll do another one with the same amount of work as this one, because getting to work with voice actors was really complicated and along other things I don't know if I'll manage to pull it off again, at least while I'm in college.
However, I might do something like it for other projects.
I appreciate your interest though, hope to be able to do some more animation soon! :D

P R A I S E T H E S U N P R A I S E T H E S U N

I love the aleatoric feel of this! Were the melodies written algorithmically? I'm curious about your process.

I could use some more highs in the mix in general. It feels a bit soft around the edges, but then again that might have been on purpose. Anyway, it's deliciously bizarre and now I'm going to have to listen to the rest of your music.

infinitepowersource responds:

wait... was this an actual review? i literally used FL studio's random arpeggiator and stacked every note within an acceptable range. this song was literally a meme i made in 5 minutes lol

Shell Shell

Nice work. I like the slow build. The Mogwai wail at 3:30 is awesome!

this came from mars on a cd this came from mars on a cd

I really like the subdued snare on the 2 and 4. Your writing has the sensibilities of a jazz musician which reminds me of some of the D&B coming out of Japan in the early to mid 00's.

mannetje op straat 2 mannetje op straat 2

I really love the surreal quality of the backgrounds.

mannetje op straat 1 mannetje op straat 1

gorgeous!

'Verile' Cockerel 'Verile' Cockerel

Awesome! Really great concept and gorgeous execution. I'd really like to see the whole process of blood horning animated.