The Luny & Milky Show - Ep.15 - "Sing for reality Stars" The Luny & Milky Show - Ep.15 - "Sing for reality Stars"

Cute idea, and expert execution. You did a really good job of parodying these artists, but remaining respectful. Always glad to see more Luny and Milky!

Pirate Dentist! Pirate Dentist!

awesome work! Really imaginative story. The animation was great and well paced. Some of the musical elements could be more definitive. I don't know how much control you have over that part, but the sound got a little muddy during his song. The bass was a bit much, and the song needed some more punchy rhythmic elements (drums, harmonic/melodic stabs, accented articulations) to give the sprechstimme more structure and block out phrases in the piece/highlight the text. Overall great work, though. I look forward to seeing more of your future projects!

Donaji & the Magical Poncho Donaji & the Magical Poncho

really great work! It's always refreshing to see smoothly animated, well edited, non-parody work on NewGrounds. Don't listen to anything people say about knocking off style etc. All of that just leads to writers block. Emulation is a natural part of learning and creation, and when the more you do it, the more individualized each release becomes. I know you'll be working on a webcomic, but please consider working on another animation. I'd love to see more content like this floating around the web.

Shi-Gu responds:

Thanks a lot!
I think it's important to take in the criticism, but of course that doesn't mean I agree 100% with them, I'll take what I find valuable from their points only.
I'm very glad you liked the animation!
Indeed, I'm gonna work on a webcomic, but I'll also try to add animated parts into it, from fully animated videos with music, to animated gifs.
I don't know if I'll do another one with the same amount of work as this one, because getting to work with voice actors was really complicated and along other things I don't know if I'll manage to pull it off again, at least while I'm in college.
However, I might do something like it for other projects.
I appreciate your interest though, hope to be able to do some more animation soon! :D

Infierno Infierno

Love this. There's an awful lot going on here, and it'll take several more listens to really hear everything. The break in the keys at 1:14 is really nice. I'd love to hear this with some live brass. What are the chances you'll get a performance out of this?

T-Logic - Flight of Dreams T-Logic - Flight of Dreams

I really like that popcorn snare. It has a nice punchiness that cuts through the synths effectively. I think the understatement of the percussion works well against the arpeggios. The choir pads feel a little murky in the mix, but they set up a sort of tension that is released once the chip synths come back in. If you decided to pick at this some more, you could potentially make that B section do more, but considering the project timeline, this came out super well. You did a lot of work in 6 hours. nice job.

TaintedLogic responds:

Thanks a lot for the review, SFW! I agree about the murky pads - I probably should've at least toned down the reverb there. Or I should try to avoid using Nexus presets altogether. XD I'm glad you liked the snare, though - personally, I liked how it meshed with the rest of the sound design. :) Thanks again and good luck in NGUAC. ^^

Neverending Nightmare 8 Neverending Nightmare 8

Found your stuff on here randomly at one point. Really nice work! I like how this one is significantly more dissonant than a lot of other tracks I've heard of yours. It makes me think of some sort of 80's film version of Castlevania. Keep it up!

'Verile' Cockerel 'Verile' Cockerel

Awesome! Really great concept and gorgeous execution. I'd really like to see the whole process of blood horning animated.

Angely Angely

Really great line of action on the mouse!

Wasabi SMASH! Wasabi SMASH!

Drawing looks awesome! I like the wry smile on it's face. Just watched the trailer too and it looks like good quirky fun.