The Luny & Milky Show - Ep.15 - "Sing for reality Stars" The Luny & Milky Show - Ep.15 - "Sing for reality Stars"

Cute idea, and expert execution. You did a really good job of parodying these artists, but remaining respectful. Always glad to see more Luny and Milky!

Pirate Dentist! Pirate Dentist!

awesome work! Really imaginative story. The animation was great and well paced. Some of the musical elements could be more definitive. I don't know how much control you have over that part, but the sound got a little muddy during his song. The bass was a bit much, and the song needed some more punchy rhythmic elements (drums, harmonic/melodic stabs, accented articulations) to give the sprechstimme more structure and block out phrases in the piece/highlight the text. Overall great work, though. I look forward to seeing more of your future projects!

Donaji & the Magical Poncho Donaji & the Magical Poncho

really great work! It's always refreshing to see smoothly animated, well edited, non-parody work on NewGrounds. Don't listen to anything people say about knocking off style etc. All of that just leads to writers block. Emulation is a natural part of learning and creation, and when the more you do it, the more individualized each release becomes. I know you'll be working on a webcomic, but please consider working on another animation. I'd love to see more content like this floating around the web.

Shi-Gu responds:

Thanks a lot!
I think it's important to take in the criticism, but of course that doesn't mean I agree 100% with them, I'll take what I find valuable from their points only.
I'm very glad you liked the animation!
Indeed, I'm gonna work on a webcomic, but I'll also try to add animated parts into it, from fully animated videos with music, to animated gifs.
I don't know if I'll do another one with the same amount of work as this one, because getting to work with voice actors was really complicated and along other things I don't know if I'll manage to pull it off again, at least while I'm in college.
However, I might do something like it for other projects.
I appreciate your interest though, hope to be able to do some more animation soon! :D

Neverending Nightmare 8 Neverending Nightmare 8

Found your stuff on here randomly at one point. Really nice work! I like how this one is significantly more dissonant than a lot of other tracks I've heard of yours. It makes me think of some sort of 80's film version of Castlevania. Keep it up!

Dharma - A.I. (BETA) Dharma - A.I. (BETA)

Love the retro vibe in this. Those swirling synths are the jam! I feel like the drums could be mixed a bit higher. I want this to drive a bit harder. The mix is also a bit right channel heavy. I'd set that main melody synth more towards the center to balance things out. Other than that, great work! I'm going to go jam out to this again.

HagiuKover responds:

Thank you for your feedback, I've added a boosted bass version a friend did, I'll try to master the song a bit more, I'd like to submit it to NewRetroWave youtube channel, wasn't sure it was up to snuff. But, maybe with a little more work it will be.

(COVER) Eliminator (COVER) Eliminator

Really great approach to the source material! Your style always has a sort of mystical flavor and I'm not sure where that comes from. It's great. In general, I think you could EQ the highs up a bit more to make it sparkle. Some of the edges feel a little fuzzy. Other than that, great work!

'Verile' Cockerel 'Verile' Cockerel

Awesome! Really great concept and gorgeous execution. I'd really like to see the whole process of blood horning animated.

Angely Angely

Really great line of action on the mouse!

Wasabi SMASH! Wasabi SMASH!

Drawing looks awesome! I like the wry smile on it's face. Just watched the trailer too and it looks like good quirky fun.