The Luny & Milky Show - Ep.15 - "Sing for reality Stars" The Luny & Milky Show - Ep.15 - "Sing for reality Stars"

Cute idea, and expert execution. You did a really good job of parodying these artists, but remaining respectful. Always glad to see more Luny and Milky!

sickaah responds:

Thank you so much mate! x')

Pirate Dentist! Pirate Dentist!

awesome work! Really imaginative story. The animation was great and well paced. Some of the musical elements could be more definitive. I don't know how much control you have over that part, but the sound got a little muddy during his song. The bass was a bit much, and the song needed some more punchy rhythmic elements (drums, harmonic/melodic stabs, accented articulations) to give the sprechstimme more structure and block out phrases in the piece/highlight the text. Overall great work, though. I look forward to seeing more of your future projects!

Donaji & the Magical Poncho Donaji & the Magical Poncho

really great work! It's always refreshing to see smoothly animated, well edited, non-parody work on NewGrounds. Don't listen to anything people say about knocking off style etc. All of that just leads to writers block. Emulation is a natural part of learning and creation, and when the more you do it, the more individualized each release becomes. I know you'll be working on a webcomic, but please consider working on another animation. I'd love to see more content like this floating around the web.

Shi-Gu responds:

Thanks a lot!
I think it's important to take in the criticism, but of course that doesn't mean I agree 100% with them, I'll take what I find valuable from their points only.
I'm very glad you liked the animation!
Indeed, I'm gonna work on a webcomic, but I'll also try to add animated parts into it, from fully animated videos with music, to animated gifs.
I don't know if I'll do another one with the same amount of work as this one, because getting to work with voice actors was really complicated and along other things I don't know if I'll manage to pull it off again, at least while I'm in college.
However, I might do something like it for other projects.
I appreciate your interest though, hope to be able to do some more animation soon! :D

A Cat and his Man A Cat and his Man

Love this. Great story, great execution! You're very talented and I hope to see more in the near future.

Frumplequest the Conquistador: EMBARRASSMENT (part 1) Frumplequest the Conquistador: EMBARRASSMENT (part 1)

Really great work! I loved the story, the pacing was perfect, the voicing was awesome, and super fluid animation. The balance on some of the sound effects could use a little work I think, but that's a minor thing. I'm looking forward to seeing the next one!

This Dying World - I Am King (Lyric Video) This Dying World - I Am King (Lyric Video)

This is cool. I love the tone. The background image is great, and I love how you animated the lyrics; It kept it visually interesting. It might feel even more rhythmic if you occasionally broke up longer words into their syllables so chunks of the words will pop up on screen as the singer says them instead of always displaying the entire word all at once. I'd also consider using a font that reflects the style of the music more. The super clean sans serif look makes me think more of pop music, but then again that may simply be a personal association. Keep up the good work!

adorerofblood responds:

Thanks a ton, the feedback is really appreciated!

Scorched Earth Scorched Earth

Really well done! I can't believe you did this after one course! The pacing was perfect, and though short, it told a mini story. The artwork is amazing. I'd like to see a little more movement in some of the elements (head of the cart driver bobbing with the bumps in the road, etc) but I understand there was probably a time crunch. All in all, really well done. I can't wait to see more!

Dreamt Dreamt

please do more asap. This was absolutely gorgeous and I would like to see more!

Big Things Big Things

Really great! I've used Toon Boom for rotoscoping and frame by frame animation (as crappy as I am at it), but have never rigged any characters. This was great! I'd love to see a series based on the concept. Some (but not all) of the motion blur was a bit distracting at times. Other than that, good work!

Sonic Watches Some TV Sonic Watches Some TV

This is really well done! I'd consider finding ways to make some of the scenes more active. I'm not an animator so unfortunately I can't suggest specifics, but there were several shots that seemed sort of stagnant. Anime tends to have lot's of poetic/minimal motion long shots, but there's usually something moving like a ceiling fan or goldfish or something to create motion. It acts as a nice counterpoint to the stagnant imagery almost drawing more attention to the intentional boredom and laissez faire attitude. That said, really high quality images and smooth movement. I dig it.