View Profile sleepFacingWest

All 26 Movie Reviews

7 w/ Responses

front-paged! Well done

Great character work! The exaggerated movements remind me a bit of John K.

Really gorgeous animation. I love the comic book cutaway sequence!

awesome! The animation is smooth, and the concept is quirky. Keep up the good work!

Cute idea, and expert execution. You did a really good job of parodying these artists, but remaining respectful. Always glad to see more Luny and Milky!

sickaah responds:

Thank you so much mate! x')

awesome work! Really imaginative story. The animation was great and well paced. Some of the musical elements could be more definitive. I don't know how much control you have over that part, but the sound got a little muddy during his song. The bass was a bit much, and the song needed some more punchy rhythmic elements (drums, harmonic/melodic stabs, accented articulations) to give the sprechstimme more structure and block out phrases in the piece/highlight the text. Overall great work, though. I look forward to seeing more of your future projects!

really great work! It's always refreshing to see smoothly animated, well edited, non-parody work on NewGrounds. Don't listen to anything people say about knocking off style etc. All of that just leads to writers block. Emulation is a natural part of learning and creation, and when the more you do it, the more individualized each release becomes. I know you'll be working on a webcomic, but please consider working on another animation. I'd love to see more content like this floating around the web.

Shi-Gu responds:

Thanks a lot!
I think it's important to take in the criticism, but of course that doesn't mean I agree 100% with them, I'll take what I find valuable from their points only.
I'm very glad you liked the animation!
Indeed, I'm gonna work on a webcomic, but I'll also try to add animated parts into it, from fully animated videos with music, to animated gifs.
I don't know if I'll do another one with the same amount of work as this one, because getting to work with voice actors was really complicated and along other things I don't know if I'll manage to pull it off again, at least while I'm in college.
However, I might do something like it for other projects.
I appreciate your interest though, hope to be able to do some more animation soon! :D

Love this. Great story, great execution! You're very talented and I hope to see more in the near future.

Really great work! I loved the story, the pacing was perfect, the voicing was awesome, and super fluid animation. The balance on some of the sound effects could use a little work I think, but that's a minor thing. I'm looking forward to seeing the next one!

Really well done! I can't believe you did this after one course! The pacing was perfect, and though short, it told a mini story. The artwork is amazing. I'd like to see a little more movement in some of the elements (head of the cart driver bobbing with the bumps in the road, etc) but I understand there was probably a time crunch. All in all, really well done. I can't wait to see more!

36, Male